Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Tie Dye T-Shirts

Over the past week, we have been making tie dye t-shirts for our upcoming Art Soiree. First we studied how to make effective tie dye patterns and then we decided what 3 colours we wanted to use on our t-shirts. Next we had to wet our t-shirts and ring them out so they were damp. Then, depending on what pattern we wanted to do, we wrapped our t-shirts with rubber bands. The spiral pattern was one of the most popular designs. After that, we put the t-shirts in our art sink and poured the die over the different parts of our shirts. Once we had finished, we put our wet t-shirts in a plastic bag and we left them for about 12-15 hours. Then Miss Hines rinsed our t-shirts and hung them up in our classroom to dry. Once they were dry, Miss H took them home and ironed them, ready to be hung for our Soiree on Friday. We think they look amazing! Come along and place a bid on Friday night.


































8 comments:

  1. Kia ora Totora 2 ,Kaede here. your tops look amazing. I cant wait to see them all hanging up. I see the spiral and crumple design was the most popular in the class just like ours. what was your guys favorite colour combination?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora T2, Geordie
    Your tops Look FABULOUS. I'm in mamaku so I didn't make them...
    I like how you showed lots of different students designs.
    Blog Ya Later
    Geordie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, My name is Rhonda and I am a Year 8 Student from Saint Patrick's School. I like the way how you guys made different coloured spirals on your t-shirts. I really like the colours you chose because it stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!
    That's really great to see how you've used your creativity skills to make these Tie Dye T shirts. Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Apolosi from Saint Patrick's School and i like your T-shirt they are very cool and is looks like a flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, My name is Rhonda and I am a Year 8 student from Saint Patrick's School. I really like the colours that you chose for you t-shirts and it makes the t-shirts stand out. I also like the patterns you guys created on the shirts.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.