Friday, August 8, 2014

World War One

This week marked 100 years since the declaration of World War One. In Room 17 we have been discussing the implications of war and how we would feel if we were part of the war. We then wrote either letters or diary entries from the point of either a child, soldier or other family members.
Here is Latasha's writing:


I race to my letterbox careful to not be seen by a soldier. I tear open the lid and grab the mail. The lid slams shut and I race back inside the heavy door slams shut behind me I shuffle through the mail and spot one with my name on it. I rip open the envelope and start reading….

Dear Angel,
I know it eight days away from your birthday and I was hoping to be there. But sadly im stuck fighting for our country. I miss you and mum both. I don’t know when or if I’ll ever come home but I have faith that I will. I miss you, stay safe.
Love Dad

Dear Dad,
I don’t mind that you’re not here for my birthday. I just want you home. Mum and I are doing ok. I worry that every day when I get the mail I will see something yellow sticking out. I know you will come home one day and even if you don’t please know you will always have a place in my heart.
Love Angel

By Latasha 

1 comment:

  1. very cool story. I like the bit bout the seeing something yellow sticking out of the letter box.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.