Monday, July 23, 2018

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

Welcome back to Term 3! For the first part of the term, we are studying The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas. 
This novel highlights the terrible incidents that happened in the concentration camp in World War 2.
Miss Hines wants us to be completely immersed in this topic, so today we came up with some rules that we thought might happen if we had German children and Jewish children at our school. What we didn't know is that Miss Hines was going to make us draw out of a hat whether we were going to become a Jewish child or a German child. We now have to wear either a German Flag or The Star of David on our shirts so we are easily identified. Instantly we thought that this wasn't fair, but we soon realised that being a Jewish person in World War 2 wouldn't have been fair either. We can't wait to learn more about this!


5 comments:

  1. Hello Room 17,
    I think your idea as a class to learn deeply about this subject was very interesting. I think it was a very clever way of learning. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora! My name is Kevin. I am from Saint Patrick's School. I really liked your explanation about the novel about 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.' How come the Jewish children had less rights then the German children? Anyways, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Room 17,
    I think that the detail you added into your work was really interesting and I look forward to reading more of your work.
    Great job keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello room 17,
    I think it was a good way of showing how the Jewish kids and the German kids felt in World War 2.Good job and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Room 17 It's Geordie From M1
    I like how you took WW2 and made it Help Learning in the Classroom
    This reminded me when I was in Christchurch we were doing it about the early NZ settlers
    Is this role play for the rest of the year?
    Blog ya later
    Geordie

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.